The activity of Canyoning (Advanced level) is an activity which consists of going down natural canyons that erosion and water power have been forming through many years. During the tour, you have to overcome waterfalls, ponds, huge rocks, underground sections, water slides... You will be guided by a mountain specialist and will count with the necessary material so you can discover this exciting sport in a pleasant and safe way.
- What is the level of this activity? This activity is harder than the initiation level, therefore, the obstacles will be much more difficult and so, a minimum preparation is requiered.
- Where does the activity take place? The activity takes place in a striking rocky landscape, which is ideal to take part in activity sport's surrounded by nature. It can be one of the following ravines: The Infieno or The Estaron. The company responsible for conducting the activity and its instructors will be the ones who decide the ravine.
- What gear is included? Wetsuit, harness, helmet, liability and accident insurance and instructor (certified mountain guide)
- What do I need? Swimwear, towel, trainers/hiking boots with a good grip when wet and vehicle to get to the Meeting Point. You can also add a photography service once there.
- How long does it last? The activity lasts 3 hours approx, although this may vary depending on your group.
- What is the schedule of the Canyoning? You will have head to the Head Office of Roc Roi (Meeting Point). Here you will be able to change into your wetsuit. Once you are ready, you will drive your own car to the meeting point.
- Do I need any special preparation or is being physically fit enough for it? No specific preparation is required. You simply need to know yourself and what you can be capable of. Bare in mind that you will practice walking, climbing, rappeling, jumping, swimming ... It is advisdable to have attended the initiation level course previously.
- Do I have to jump? During the route you will have to jump. However, if there are high ravines, you will be able to climb down them with a rope.
- Do I need to know how to swim? Water can cover our body in many parts during the descent and we must get to areas swimming. So it is essential to know how to swim.
- Is it easy to rappel? Our guide will always teach you how to do it properly, monitoring you and making it safe.
- What is the minimum age for this activity? The recommended minimum age is 7. It is advisdable to have attended the initiation level course previously.
- What kind of shoes should I wear? Comfortable, light and with a good grip and that will protect your foot.
- Can I wear glasses or contact lenses? If you wear glasses, we advise you to tie them or even not wear them at all. If you wear contact lenses, you should wear goggles.
People under 18 must go under adult supervision.
Minimum people required is of 4 people. Otherwise, you will be offered a different time to do the activity or an alternative.