Ski dates Early Booking Ski Deals Half-Term 2024 Ski Holidays Ski Weekends Cheap Ski Holidays Christmas 2024 Ski Holidays January 2024 Ski Deals More Ski Offers
The ski resort of Zell am See - Kaprun is famous for the Schmittenhöhe mountain and the Kitzsteinhorn glacier near the village of Kaprun. Also notable for its stunning location, the pedestrian town center of Zell am See rises above the edge of Lake Zell.
It is only 80 kilometers from Salzburg airport and has fantastic public transport! It is very easy to reach, as it has a train station in the town center.
This is one of the must-see destinations in the Austrian Alps. Read on and fall in love with Zell am See - Kaprun!
The ski area of the Zell am See - Kaprun ski resort has 77 km of slopes. Its ski area stands out primarily for its breathtaking views, a mountain landscape with a panoramic view of up to 30 mountains over 3,000 m high. The famous Hohe Tauern National Park!
It is a family ski destination. At the foot of the Schmittenhöhe cable car and in Schüttorf you will find a beginners' area, both with canyons. For beginners, the upper parts of Schmittenhöhe have excellent blue runs.
On the glacier there are blue and red runs that are ideal for intermediate skiers. The slopes are wide and with perfect snow conditions. They won't make you suffer or get too tired!
Are you an expert skier or snowboarder? In Zell am See - Kaprun there are slopes that go down to the lake, 5 black slopes with a big difference in altitude, among the most famous in the Alps! (And not for their difficulty, but for their scenic beauty!
However, we warn you: the off-piste is very restricted in the whole area, except in the lower part of the glacier that has a fantastic terrain.
Also, if skiing during the day is not enough for you... On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays you can extend your skiing day on the illuminated slope next to the Ebenberg lift.
After an intense day of skiing you can enjoy the "Après Chill". While the famous Après Ski is famous for the party, the Chill, as the name suggests, is much calmer and consists of visiting one of the cozy cafes and bars in the village.
Gastronomic delights, fireplace and soft music. These are the keys to this exclusive Après Ski in Zell am See - Kaprun.
For those looking for winter activities other than skiing, the Austrian resort offers fantastic options:
- Tobogganing (tobogganing ). Around Zell am See - Kaprun you will find several toboggan runs. Here you will find the longest toboggan run in the world!
- Alpine roller coaster. It is located in Maiskogel and promises year-round fun. It is a toboggan run on rails that Water Water Slides through the valley between curves.
- Ice skating. Lake Zell is not only a meeting place or a place of scenic beauty; in winter, when temperatures drop, the lake freezes over and you can skate on it.
- Curling. At the ice rink in Zell am See there is a training camp for the local ice hockey team. However, it is not reserved for professionals, but also for curling. Curling tournaments and games can be organized for groups of ten or more!
- Helicopter rides. If you want to have the best panoramic view of the Austrian Alps, this activity is perfect. You will fly over the snow-capped mountains and capture the beauty of the region from above.
- Paragliding. Get ready for a dose of thrills and dreamlike views! You will fly over the Alps and feel like a bird, paragliding is very famous in this area.
- Spa and Wellness. In Zell am See - Kaprun there are plenty of wellness centers to restore energy and relax after a long day of skiing. Saunas, thermal baths, treatments...
These are just some of the many activities you can enjoy in Zell am See - Kaprun during the winter. Please note that some may be subject to weather conditions and availability!
This is an ideal destination to go with children! Zell am See - Kaprun has a number of facilities and services designed especially for them, for example, learning areas and playgrounds.
These areas are equipped with conveyor belts, gentle slopes and fun obstacles to familiarize children with skiing in a safe and fun way.
As in most winter resorts, you will find ski schools where specialized instructors teach children and lessons are adapted to their skill level and age.
Some of these schools offer snow day care, where children can spend the day in a safe environment while you enjoy skiing.
You can't miss Kinderland Schmidolin! This is a snow theme park located on the Schmittenhöhe mountain in Zell am See. It offers a range of activities for children, such as toboggan runs, an ice rink, a bobsleigh run and a tube slide.
In addition, there is a friendly mascot named Schmidolin who entertains children and teaches them about the mountain and skiing.
Now that you know the ski resort of Zell am See - Kaprun... On Esquiades.com you can choose from a wide selection of hotels and apartments to enjoy your holiday to Zell am See - Kaprun.
Did you know that we have a Customer Service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year? Organizing your holiday to Zell am See - Kaprun has never been easier!