We use cookies. If you agree with the terms and conditions you can continue to browse the site.

Esquiades.com was the case study for an article published on Sustainability Journal.

The University of Lleida together with a university in Madrid (Universidad Complutense de Madrid) have worked on a study called “The case of online demand for Spanish and Andorra Ski Resort” and have based it on the data Esquiades.com has provided. The main focus of this study is on the behavior of consumers visiting ski resorts in Spain and Andorra.

 

Feel free to read this article on the Sustainability Journal as it will surely offer you some great insight on tourism and the ski industry. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank the University of Lleida for letting us be part of their study and for always keeping in close contact with our team for any kind of exchange.



 

 

So, what would we like to point out about this study?

 

Before we head into facts and figures, we would like to inform you that the data we provided is in accordance with the data protection laws of the European Union (EU).

 

❄ The university requested to study our bookings from December 2013 to November 2018 , that's a total of 50,706.

 

❄ Out of all of these bookings, the majority of our customers tend to book 3 * hotels or self-catered apartments.

 

❄ Couples are our top buyers followed by families and groups.

 

❄ Being a Spanish-based company, out of 50,706 bookings, 63.02% of the travelers are Spanish and the other 36.97%, are from other countries.

 

❄ The vast majority of the bookings include the Ski Pass and 51.3% of our customers are returning customers as they have booked their ski holiday with Esquiades.com more than once.

 

❄ When do skiers usually go on a ski holiday? According to this study, 71.49% go skiing from January to March and over 50% book stays of 3 or more nights.

 

 

 

 

Would you like to know more about Esquiades.com?

 

As the article has correctly mentioned, back in those years our website was available in 4 languages (Spanish, Catalan, English and French) and offered ski holidays to Spain, Andorra and France. Since then, we have been working on broadening our horizons and finding new ways to provide more products and a better service. That is why our website is currently available in 7 languages (in season 2019/2020 we have added Portuguese, German and Italian) and in season 2020/2021 we have added new ski destinations : Switzerland, Austria and Italy and are aiming to promote more international ski destinations so that we can offer our services to customers traveling from any part of the world. We are also working on offering the best ski deals for season 2021/2022.

 

 

 

 

We are living in very uncertain times at the moment and the tourism industry has definitely suffered this past year. We hope that what is to come will be brighter and better and that we can all get back to traveling and practicing our favorite winter sport.

 

Stay Safe and Ski You Soon,

Esquiades.com

 
Search and Book
Select the ski resort
97.9% would book again with Esquiades.com
Esquiades.com
Bellissens Avenue, no. 42, Tecnoparc Building. Office 127-129, 43204 Reus (Tarragona) 43204 Reus, Spain
902 09 16 09 info@esquiades.com