Although the forecast was to start closing some ski areas from the end of this month of March, Baqueira-Beret has finally decided to open all ski areas ;-) As long as the conditions allow it, logically!
The Val d'Aran and Valls d'Àneu resort will offer the four areas of Baqueira, Beret, Bonaigua and Baciver open until the scheduled closing date of the resort on April 18, provided that the weather and snow conditions allow it . This will mean a large part of the open skiable kilometers and the main restaurant services and other facilities operating normally.
Although the forecast from the beginning of the season was for the Beret area to close on March 27, those responsible for the resort have decided to keep this ski area also open until the announced date of the end of the season, on April 18, the maximum possible facilities taking into account safety and sustainability criteria; offering customers the greatest enjoyment and fun with the usual quality of the winter resort of the Lleida Pyrenees.
In this way, Bonaigua and Baqueira will have most of their tracks open. Regarding the Baciver area, both the Saumet ski lift and the one that gives this area its name will also continue to be active. Regarding Beret , the TSD Jesús Serra, TSD Dera Reina, TQ Fernández-Ochoa, TSD Blanhiblar and the new TSD Clòt der Os ski lift will be open.
In this way, the enjoyment of the season is guaranteed in an area highly appreciated by customers and at the same time necessary for the clubs that carry out their training sessions and social races at the end of the season in the area set up for it. The Era Marmòta Snowpark will also be open with its team of shapers working to ensure its perfect condition.
As for restaurants , the main high-end gastronomic restaurants of the resort will be open: Möet Winter Lounge, 5J Grill Baqueira and Refugi San Miguel. The Forest will also be open in Baqueira 1800 and in Beret the Audi Bar and the bar with its huge terrace and the pàrrec de Argulls. On the other hand, the store and rental services of Baqueira Store and Ski Service will also be fully operational.
Logically, this information can be modified over the days due to weather and security conditions. The Baqueira Beret ski resort will be informed of any news in this regard.
And meanwhile, in Baqueira Beret they continue with a lot of activity for all audiences. Last weekend the seventh edition of the BBB Ski&Snowboard Race Experience was held with more than 400 particitrousers, among a lot of fun, while celebrating carnival, with exceptional snow and weather conditions.. The day ended with a great event where 200 people descended the North Face of Baqueira with LED lights and upon reaching the Moët Winter Lounge area they enjoyed a music and light show.
Almost all chairlifts will be running until the end of the season
Baqueira Beret agenda until the end of the season
- March 5 and 6 : Jesús Serra Foundation Trophy. The mythical career of the founder of the Station that reaches its 14th edition.
- March 11, 12 and 13 : Top CAEI FIS. Spanish Championship of SG, GS and SL. Alpine ski race organized by the CAEI club.
- March 19 : Spain Slopestyle Freeski&Snowboard FIS Championship, at Snowpark Era Marmota, organized by RFEDI.
- March 25, 26 and 26 : Final Copa España U14-U16 Audi Quattro Cup, a competitive alpine skiing event to be played at the Beret Stadium with an SG, GS and an SL intended for athletes with a racing license who participate in the RFEDI Audi U16 Spanish Cup.
- March 25 and 26 : Polar Sound Festival, the festival with the best music and the best snow arrives for the second year. With national reference artists.
- March 26 : El Valle Grita, a tribute to Pau Donés, to his artistic career and above all, to his human quality, which will take place on March 26 on the snow of Pla de Beret.
- April 8 and 9 : Snowboard-cross and Ski-cross Spanish Championship.
Baqueira Beret will keep the four ski areas open