Pyrenees of Lleida and Aragon, an oasis hidden in the mountains!
In this small area of the Spanish Pyrenees you will find all that you are looking for: relax, adventure, nature, party ...
<div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; text-align: center; font-weight: normal;" center;"=""> We offer you the opportunity to enjoy a stay in the Pyrenees of Lleida et Aragon, with the option of booking only accommodation.
The Pallars Sobira is located right in the heart of the Pyrenees, in the headwaters of the river Noguera Pallaresa. In this county you shall find the largest lake in the Pyrenees, "the Certascan River" and the highest peak in Catalonia, "the Pico d'Estats".
It is the fourth largest region of Catalonia and it has one of the lowest population densities in the country, with four people per km. There are about 6,000 inhabitants grouped in about 135 villages spread across the various valleys of the Noguera Pallaresa river.
Most of El Pallars Sobirà is a protected area, a nature reservation. There are a few territories that belong to the PEIN (Pla d'Espais d'Interès Natural de Catalunya- Natural Interest Landscape Plan of Catalonia), as Aigüestortes National Park and Sant Maurici Lake, the Pyrenean Natural Park, the Natural Partial Reserve of La Noguera Pallaresa - Collegats, a wide range of areas belonging to the Xarxa Natura 2000, the Natural Hunting Reserve of Boumort, etc.
What I can do?
The Pallars Sobira is a mountainous rural area, which facilitates outdoor sports. In the sixties in the waters of the Noguera Pallaresa it was practiced canoeing and they were built the first ski slopes. In the eighties it arrived the Adventure Sports and it was in the nineties when it began the recovery of ancient roads that allow the development of hiking trails.
- Hiking. The recovery was started in the nineties. They published hikers guides and the result is a good network of trails that allow excursions to all corners of the region.
- Mountain sports. In the county there is the lake "the Certascan" the greatest of the Pyrenees. Two of the most popular and well known regions are the Pica d'Estats, which is the highest peak of Catalonia, and the Aigüestortes National Park and Sant Maurici Lake. The most important climbing areas are in Collegats, Certescans, Aigüestortes National Park and Lake Sant Maurici (Amitges area, Valley of Gerber, Pla de la Font, JM Blanco, St. Maurice and Coma Abeller). There are some caves and potholes for caving, although it is not the most common sports in the region.
- Adventure sports. The Noguera Pallaresa is the best river in Europe for whitewater sports. Its more than 60 wateway kilometers with several difficulty levels make it a river open to all audiences: those seeking the emotions that the rough waters provide, or those who want to enjoy a quieter ride in a lovely setting. You can perform a variety of activities such as rafting, canoeing, hydrospeed, archery, canyoning, bungee jumping, horse riding, quad
- Snowsports. The Pallars Sobira has 4 alpine ski resorts where you can practise ski, snowboarding, and freestyle skiing (Ski Espot, Port - Aine, Tavascan and Baqueira), and a fifth one where they are practiced sports like cross-county skiing, snowshoeing, alpine skiing, dog sledding or snowmobiling (Bosque de Virós).
- Fishing and Hunting. These are two traditional activities in the county, mainly practiced in groups and by the system of the haul.
- Mountain bike (MTB). The terrain is ideal for mountain biking.